Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sexy woman?











Despite the fact that anyone within 300 yards could tell that I didn't sleep a wink last night (altitude plus sinuses -- first stop when I return to Estados Unidos? Dr. Karin Tansek's office!!), the guys decided that this was the day for our "test hike" to see who was ready for the Inca Trail (Camino Inca). As we trudged up the cobblestone streets of Cusco to the site of the ancient Inca ruins, David meandered then breathlessly rushed to catch up to the rest of us to announce that some young local had offered to take him to see a sexy woman that night. We didn't have the heart to tell him that we were on our way at that very moment (a hora el punto) to see the "sexy woman." Saqsaywaman is the Quecha name for the largest of the Inca sites near Cusco and it is pronounced, "sexy woman." The local who approached David was a tour guide offering to take him that evening to see the laser light show that the park rangers (parque seguros) put on. I was pretty proud of myself for keeping up with the guys but a little bit embarrassed as I saw people twice my age toddling around the ancient stone structures and teenage girls (without proper sun protection!) tripping around in flip-flops. I didn't photo the tourists in their shorts and flip-flops but I did catch the fun, fun Peruana chatting on her cell. Yes, that is my nephew Nick in the photo: Having made an offering to the Inca gods he then chewed his three coca leaves -- strictly for medicinal purposes.

Today's Spanish lesson? Tu blog: comparte tu opiniĆ³n, fotos y todo lo que quieras con tus amigos y con el resto del mundo.

No comments:

Post a Comment