Monday, April 26, 2010

Geography Lessons




This was written on April 26 but I couldn't post it because the wireless internet wasn't working in the hotel in Lima! Gracias to my Peruvian Amigos and to my more more geographically inclined Amigos in Estados Unidos who have been so diplomatic in gently informing me that Huancayo is not some jungle back water but a major Peruvian city that happens to be up in a beautiful mountain setting. Thus, wireless internet has found it's way to Huancayo just as it has insinuated itself into many less well established communities (possibly some of which are in Iowa). Thus you may be hearing from Vanessa in Huancayo whether you really want to or not.

Today is Secretary and Personal Assistant Day in Peru. Is it also in the US? The rest of the civilized and uncivilized world? If so, and if Kris and Linda are reading this, you know that if I were in Minneapolis right now I wouldn't be able to survive without you and I am grateful for all that you do for me. At any rate, the pathologists put on a really cute little party where the women pathologists (please don't ask why) served goodies to the transcriptionists, the secretaries and to Dr. Yabar's assistant.

I am off to aeropeurto (airport) to get Caleb. Today's word? Have I learned olvidar (the verb "to forget") yet? I can't remember! (Yo olvidado!)

No comments:

Post a Comment