Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nazca - One hell of a time!








One hell of a day, with the emphasis on hell. I need to give David Dayton credit for telling me that I was crazy to go up in a small plane when I've had a head cold for 5 days but NO, NO, NO, I paid deposit for a trip to see the Nazca lines and the tour company wasn't offering refunds for illness. At right about the time you could see the ancient figures visualized only from a thousand or more feet in the air I felt a shooting pain like a cuchillo (knife) right through my right ear into my right maxillary sinus. So much for flying with a sinus infection. Oh, and that doesn't even cover the part of the story about the tour company wanting the remainder to be paid in US $'s in cash and the craziness of trying to cash American Express Traveler's checks in Peru and two hours of the day standing in line trying to get US $'s cash in exchange for those traveler's checks from 3 different banks in Ica, Peru. Note to self: I would rather risk having US $'s cash stolen from me in Peru rather than try to cash an American Express Traveler's check here. It isn't the bank's fault. They just can't get the American Express web page to load here. In fact, shout out to the manager at Scotiabank, Ica who practically just took $100 US out of her own wallet rather than send me away empty handed. I'm just wondering if the whole day wouldn't have been more fun if I had just been robbed on the streets of Lima of the $300? Hmmmmmm considering my luck I'd best not speculate on such things. Oh well one thing is for sure, it is bound to be a much better day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a hoot V! You are quite the bloger! Muy comica tambien! NO HABLO ESPAÑOL - my a--! You're doing fantastico, remember, you have a great maestro! Lo siento about Caleb, but I think it's for the best, otherwise your blogs wouldn't be nearly as "colorido!" (colorful) Keep it up, estoy muy orgulloso (proud) de ti! A proposito (by the way)- add that one to your hand),its "agua embotellada." Amor y paz! ED.

    ReplyDelete