Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mas claro







I visited the Museo Archeologica in Lima today and, although it isn't as breathtakingly incredible as the Museo Larco that I told you about it certainly cleared up a few things for me. Check out the quotes. You read along and you might think that someone got lost in the translation but, believe me, now that I've been here a few weeks I pretty much think that they mean exactly what they are saying. Perujanos no están bromeado (previous word for the day meaning that these Peruvians aren't kidding around). This place has a deep and powerful past and these folks all just seem to be trying to live up to it.

Well, if all goes as supposed to, Caleb should arrive tomorrow night. Después, if all goes per Dr. Quinones' plan, he and I should be bussing our way to Huancayo so he can do his Great Service to the Peruvian people by explaining to their doctors in Spanish whatever it is that Dr. Quinones hopes that I will tell them. If there are no blogs for another week, don't worry. If there is no blog by Wednesday May 5 (yup, Cinco de Mayo), Please Start Worrying Big Time. In fact, if no blogs by Cinco de Mayo please alert Kelley Hendrickson (personal banker), James McCormick (personal trainer), Alberto Varillas (local lawyer) and ask them to send someone smart, nice, multilingual and preferably well armed to look for me.

Word(s) for the day? Esperanza realistica (meaning, of course, realistic expectations).

1 comment:

  1. If there is no post by Cinco de Mayo, I will come down there and look for you! I am smart, nice and multilingual. I don't know if I can handle well armed, though.

    ReplyDelete